
Since I haven't posted anything here on my doll blog in awhile, I decided to do Blue Monday here this week. So what does this blue crocheted dress have to do with dolls? It has been hanging on the wall in my doll room for over 19 years. And besides, way back in the 40s when my mother crocheted it for me, I was playing with dolls. So, you see, there is a connection.

Here is a picture of me wearing the dress. I know. It looks white in the picture, but trust me, it was just as blue then as it is now. I'm amazed it hasn't faded, but I don't think it has. Seems like it has always been this shade of blue.
I did a post about this dress about a year ago, but that was before Blue Monday, so I decided to post it again. There is more to the story but I won't retell it all here. In case you are curious, you can click here for the "rest of the story".

Of course Smiling Sally is our gracious hostess for Blue Monday. You can click here to to her blog for more Blue Monday links.

20 comments:
Charlotte,
That blue dress is great, and how wonderful your Mom crocheted it for you.
A real treasure.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
Hello Charlotte,
Long time no chat! I am happy to "bump" into via "Blue Monday". Lovely blue post -- what a treasure you have there.
love the dress! Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan
That dress is wonderful, and you look so cute in it!
I am hosting 13 giveaways this week. I hope you'll stop by.
Oh Charlotte, what a sweet dress! A real treasure! Thanks for sharing and Happy Blue Monday!
Blessings,
Sandi
Awesome post.
Love the memories you
shared.
It's so pretty! I love your doll blog it's pretty too. It's been awhile since I've stopped by here.
I'm glad you posted on your doll blog today.
Blessings,
Ginger
Your mom was talented, and you were darling! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
How sweet you were in that photo, and how lucky to still have the dress on display in your home.
Happy Blue Monday.
Good morning Charlotte, your blue crocheted dress is a treasure. You look adorable in the photo. Who won Charles?
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi Charlotte, what a beautiful dress!
Happy Blue Monday.
Barb
What a great dress and I think it's fantastic that you actually have a picture of you wearing it. I'm sure it's a treasured item :0)
Oh Charlotte, What a treasure to still have that dress and have that wonderful black and white of you wearing it!!
Wonderful that you kept the blue dress, so special since your mother made it for you! What a cute pose in the picture!
Katherine
Your blue dress is a TREASURE!
Love that shade of blue, and the fact that you still have the dress and that picture is great!
Hi Charlotte, your blue dress crocheted by your mom is great.. I love the way the bottom of the dress is shaped!!! You looked so cute in that dress.. thanks for sharing it with us.
Charlotte,
This is just the sweetest post! You look precious in your blue dress and the way you are posing, it looks like you loved it a lot!
Happy Blue Monday! :-D
xoxo
Jane
A precious blue dress and cute picture of you wearing it ~
How wonderful that you still have that beautiful dress & the picture, too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Come visit often!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Post a Comment