Thursday, July 31, 2008

April, June & Oliver

Show and Tell
Today I would like to introduce you to April, June and Oliver. I had a lot of fun making these particular dolls. I made April first, then June and then Oliver. 

This is April

June

Oliver and June 
I named this little guy Oliver because he made me think of Oliver Twist. I remembered a movie called "Oliver" from several years earlier that I really liked.

April wearing June's clothes. Notice the oversize hat and shoes. She's playing "dress up."

April modeling a dress and hat I made for my doll making teacher. Yes, I made the hat too. Making dolls got to be pretty expensive, so I started making clothes for some of the other students who didn't sew, and also for the teacher who sold dolls but didn't have time to make clothes for them. This is the way I ended up financing my "habit." And doll making really did get to be addictive - much like blogging has become for me now. Making dolls was a lot more expensive though. Well, maybe not when you consider that I spend so much time on the computer now that we decided to get a second one. We really didn't need two until I started blogging. 

I usually do Show & Tell from my regular blog At Home in Scottsdale. But today I decided to share something on this new blog that I just started just for my dolls.

I hope you will visit the other new blog that Ginger and I are starting called Spiritual Sundays. This is a blog designed to let our blogging friends share their inspirational posts. You can click on it to go there and find out more about it. Mr. Linky will be up on that blog Saturday at noon MST for those who would like to sign on. It's called Spiritual Sundays, but we are putting it up on Saturday because so many are busy on Sunday mornings with church activities. This way they can go ahead and post and sign up on Saturdays. This is somewhat of an experiment for us as we have never done anything like it before. We are hoping that a lot of people will want to join in. 

Hugs, Charlotte
 H

22 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You definately have a talent for making dolls. Each one is prettier than the last!

Kathy said...

Charlotte, the dolls are just lovely!
Kathy

Missy Wertz said...

Oh how pretty! You did a great job on your dolls.

Carrie said...

Each doll is so special with their lovely eyes and sweet expressions.

Anne Fannie said...

These dolls are just breathtaking! What a great talent you have! Thanks for sharing.
Love, Ann

Hootin Anni said...

Charlotte!!!! You don't know, yes, you don't know just how my heart fluttered seeing these wonderful dolls!! LOVE Oliver! He's my pick. Yep, yep, yep....I fell in love with Oliver.

My Show n Tell is now posted. Hope you can stop by for a visit. Have a glorious Friday.

[ps...is this a new background/template? Love that too!]

A Hint of Home said...

Hi Charlotte,
You are talented in many areas. The dolls are gorgeous and their clothes are beautiful.
I like the format of your new blog. Looks great!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Good Morning Charlotte :),

I am still amazed you've made all those precious dolls and their clothing. Each one is unique and precious.

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)

Marion said...

Oh my!
Those dolls are exquisite!! As a doll lover all my life, I can appreciate the beauty in them....fabulous! Thank you for sharing!
Marion
Nova Scotia

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

How precious! You did a remarkable job on these dolls! Oliver just melts my heart, and I love the little pink bow flats on the one doll! They are beautiful! :) ~Rhonda

Cherdecor said...

I absolutely love your dolls, They are so beautiful. I like your new blog too! It is so fitting.

Susan said...

I think it's nice you've started a new blog to showcase the beautiful dolls you have made.
Susan

Anonymous said...

So lovely! I like seeing porcelain dolls. I have a few on my own. I showed my Titanic ladies last week.
You are very talented!!

Carla said...

You have quite a talent! We never out grow our love of dolls do we? I look forward to seeing more lovelies-Carla

Barbara H. said...

They are gorgeous!

Julieann said...

Charlotte--YOU MADE THOSE??!! They are gorgeous--you have quite the talent. What a wonderful show and tell--you are truly gifted.

Julieann

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

They are all charming!--Can't imagin what goes into making these delightful creatures, but you have done it beautifully!
Blessings to You!
Claudia O.

Love In Every Stitch said...

Oh My! Those dolls are just to sweet! Thanks so much for sharing this! Each doll is so cute and unique!

LW said...

All 3 are delightful…
And just too cute…

Love your doll work, I love the outfits.

Louise

Kelli said...

Your dolls have the sweetest faces, Charlotte! They are just beautiful!
~Kelli

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous dolls!
Sandra

Ruthie said...

Beautiful dolls! They're all so wonderful I can't pick a favorite.
Smiles.

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...