Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Doll I Made

Show and Tell


This is another doll that I can't remember what I named her.  Most of the dolls I made had porcelain bodies, but this one has a cloth body - only her head, arms and feet are porcelain. 


Here she is with Gloria, the first doll I made. You may recognize her from a former post, the Beginning of My Doll Making. She had a blue dress on in that picture. This is also the same doll as in the header picture with still another dress on and a different wig. Another doll in the header picture is wearing this dress. Obviously these dresses were made with the same basic pattern. In this picture, you can see the contrast in body types and sizes.

Thank you for visiting my dollies. They always enjoy visitors.

Hugs, Charlotte

Oh - one more thing. If you have not visited our new blog SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS, I hope you will hop over there and check it out if you are interested in inspirational/spiritual posts. This is something Ginger of Enchanting Cottage and I have just started. This is a place we can go each weekend to share with our blogging friends. Mr. Linky will be back up along with a new post by Saturday noon Pacific Time. We did a giveaway to the first person that signed on last week which was our first time. That person was Ruthie. After she received her gift, she e-mailed me a picture of her holding it. I just posted it on the Spiritual Sundays blog.
H

24 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, my goodness, more beautiful dolls! But Charlotte, where, oh where do you keep them all??!!
Lovely post...
Kathy (mimisgarden.blogspot.com)

Missy Wertz said...

Charlotte, your dolls are just beautiful! I love looking at them.

Thank you for stopping by my post earlier. My grandma had one electric blanket. That was in the early 60's. It was a present. She loved it. I really do not remember her having any real blankets either.

Rebecca said...

You are amazingly talented!! Thanks for sharing your dolls.

Carrie said...

Your dolls reveal so many skills; designing and constructing the doll, designing and making the clothing and accessories,,,all done with great taste.

Anne Fannie said...

I love all your dolls! They are so beautiful!
Love, Ann

Thru Pink Curtains said...

Your doll in the pink dress playing dress up is so pretty. love her!!

Hootin Anni said...

Well you know I still have a new love in my heart...Oliver from meeting him last week....but I so enjoy these two also. Your doll making skills [is doll making one word?] astounds me.

Stop by my antique show n tell if you can. [you'll need to scroll down a bit since I added the Tropical Storm update of the damage done in Houston where my son lives on the top of my blog this morning! ---]

Happy weekend.

Unknown said...

My first time to your blog.

Beautiful dolls, and you are obviously a very talented seamstress.

Have a lovely weekend.

A Hint of Home said...

You must have gotten a lot of enjoyment making each doll. I know when I paint I love to see the item come to life.
The dolls are beautiful.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your dolls are always so beautiful and amazing to me Charlotte. I too wonder where you find the room to keep them all, I would want them under glass to protect them. Each one is so precious!

Have a Fantastic Friday!
Kathi :)

LBP said...

Oh my! What beautiful dolls! My show and tell is about a doll I made too, but it's primitive.

You are very talented!

Blessings

Linda

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Another beautiful doll. I love the clothes. I know it isn't easy sewing doll clothes!

Sandra said...

They are beautiful Charlotte, oh my goodness :)

Barbara H. said...

What beautiful dolls and dresses!

Cherdecor said...

The dolls are just beautiful! You certainly are gifted in making dolls.

Dianne said...

This particular one looks really vintage. Very pretty!
www.diadsie.wordpress.com

Betty said...

Beautiful dolls, Charlotte.

Anonymous said...

What a talent you have. Just beautiful.

Mommy said...

What a beautiful doll, and a wonderful talent to have to be able to make your own! I am impressed!

Wanita said...

Your dolls are so beautiful. You're so talented to be able to make them. Thanks for sharing them.

Kelli said...

You make the most beautiful dolls, Charlotte!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

You made those dolls? I am thoroughly impressed. You are certainly talented!!!

Susan said...

Charlotte, Have you done away with your other blog? I don't see it on your page info or am I just missing something? That would be easy for me to do :o)
Susan

Joyfulsister said...

What beautiful dolls, I enjoyed looking at them all. I collect Raggedy Annies and so does my lil 10 yr old daughter. Thank for sharing your dolls with us today..

Aloha Lorie

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...