Thursday, August 21, 2008

SMALLER DOLLS

Show and Tell

Most of the dolls I have shown have been larger than these. These dolls are all 10 inches tall. The one on the right in the first picture is a Googlie doll. This was a very popular doll. I think everyone in the doll class made at least one of them. I made two. (Why stop at one?)


This doll and the other two in the middle have jointed arms and legs (jointed at the elbows and knees) which made them a little more tedious to put together.


This is the other Googlie doll.  I made it for my daughter while she was working for the Red Cross to put in her office. She said she got a lot of comments (and compliments) on it. Just to brag a little, she (my daughter, not the doll) got the highest award Red Cross gives while she was working there. It was presented to her by Elizabeth Dole who was head of the Red Cross at the time.

 Thank you for visiting my dollies. I plan to be back next Friday to share some more.

Hugs,
Charlotte 

17 comments:

Carrie said...

All of the dolls are beautiful... and their outfits are so exquisite, they make a darling picture.

Kathy said...

Holy cow, Charlotte, you DO have some dolls! They're all gorgeous. I can't imagine where you keep them all! Lovely post as always...
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Neat. What a great collection!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Oh, I'm so glad my blog pal showed me Kelli's SHow and Tell" and I stumbled on your blog through it. I LOVE DOLLS!!!! I don't have as many as you do, but I have several. Most of them are Madame Alexanders, but some are not. I have to come back to your blog again when I have more time to just browse. This is awesome!

Jeanette said...

GDay Charlotte, I just popped in to say Hi, OHHHHH your Dolls and their outfits are just Beautiful..
OHHHH Im in love with with Oliver
& the sugar britches below.

Hootin Anni said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I never tire of viewing all your wonderful creations. The Red Cross Doll is awesome, and why NOT boast about your daughter's accomplishments? I think her award is super!!!!

Happy Show n Tell day

Missy Wertz said...

Nice nice collection of dolls. The next time my mom comes to visit, I will have to show her your doll page. She has made one or two. I think one is the Shirley Temple Doll. She keeps the ones of value put away. She has little room for display and my nephew, who she takes care of quite a bit, is rambunctious. I believe that my little girl will be the beneficiary of them one day, being the only GD and she and Nana love to play with AG and Gotz dolls with Nana comes to visit. :D
My mother would spend her who visit with me looking at the photos on your site. Your dolls are beautiful!
And one brings back my old Candy Striping memories!

Carla said...

Pretty pretty dolls-I never get tired of dolls! How sweet you made one for your daughter to honor her Red Cross job. That is a special treat! (and Kudos to her-Red Cross is SO important)

Susan said...

Lovely little dolls and how wonderful for your daughter to win such a special award. Braggin rights allowed!!!!
Susan

Thru Pink Curtains said...

Cute little dolls, i love dolls too,

Martha said...

I like your Red Cross doll. The expression on her face is just cute. Thanks for sharing your Dolls. Thanks also for stopping by my place. I love to have you visit!

Blessings,
~Martie

Kelli said...

What a sweet Red Cross Doll! I love her curls!
~Kelli

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Your dolls are so sweet and charming! I always enjoy seeing these delightful and beautiful creations of yours!
Such a blessing too, to have such a daughter!
Blessings to You!
Claudia O.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Your dolls are always such a joy to look at, I love them all! :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I love your new doll blog! We've been gone all month and I'm just seeing it. I enjoyed seeing all your beautiful dolls! I think my favorite is Sugar Britches, but the others are beautiful too!

Katherine

Kathy said...

I can't even imagine making a doll! Your skill is amazing to me! They're beautiful.
Kathy

Carrie Garvin said...

Beautiful doll. What a proud moment for your daughter to receive such an honor...

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...