Thursday, October 2, 2008

JOY


If you followed the butterfly over here from my main blog on Tuesday, you know that today Joy is the subject of my Show & Tell. Joy is one of my most popular dolls. Everybody likes Joy. Below is a picture I took of her and Gloria soon after I made them about 20 years ago. 


Here's Joy with a new wig. I think this one looks better on her than the darker one. The picture below is truer to the actual color.

This picture and the one above was made in our backyard in California. The pink camelias were off of our camelia bush. I just broke off a branch and laid it on the bench. 

Not only did Joy get a new wig, she got a whole new outfit as well. This is the one she still wears 20 years later. I sold the other dress to someone in my doll class that didn't sew. I made these shoes she has on too.

Here she has boots on. I bought the boots. I didn't make them.

This is Liesel. I made this doll for my daughter. She picked out the wig for her and told me what she wanted her to wear. Liesel was made from the same mold as Joy. I love this wig she has on. Guess I should have had my daughter pick out wigs for all my dolls. 

Thank you for visiting Joy today. Thank you to Kelli at There's No Place Like Home for hosting Show & Tell. You can go there to find a lot of other interesting posts.  You can go there by clicking on the Show & Tell picture.

Show and Tell

25 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

They are all beautiful! The wigs change them completely. I like the pigtails wig! I think my favorite dress is in the top picture.

Love your dolls!

Katherine

Carla said...

They are darling! Your talent shows not only in your work but your photographing! Just darling!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. These are precious dolls.
I agree, you do excellent set-ups for photos.

Sarah said...

Charlotte, your dolls are wonderful! I have a cedar chest filled with my doll collection, some day I'll have a doll room.

Skoots1moM said...

oh, so pretty.
i was going to ask if you made her dresses, exquisite!
golly, the shoes are great. are they leather?
can't wait for my mom to see Joy.
I really liked the red hair on her, too.
i could almost smell the flowers...
you're so talented : )

Kathy said...

Oh, Charlotte, your dolls never cease to amaze me. You have an incredible collection!
Kathy

Kathi said...

Your dolls are beautiful Charlotte. You have the sweetest details. The clothes are so pretty. I love the green and cream dress with pleats. Very nice. Kathi

Hootin Anni said...

You know....already...your dolls and your intricate detail to your dolls just blows my mind! So, so wonderful.

You were first on the Show N Tell hub list! Cool. I always look forward to seeing your name on there...and I got to click on your blog link first thing this morning. Super.

My show n tell is Halloween, solar lights since most all my visitors have been asking for some of my halloween decorations I've been setting up...and a set of kitchen linens that match my blog's header that I found! Come on by if you can find time...Happy Friday!

Grammy said...

Oh what beautiful dolls, I collected a few in the past. They are very special.

Constance said...

You are one talented lady! I love those! You also did a fabulous job of posting the pictures with the softened vignette around them!

Do you sell these or make them to give as gifts?
Connie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your dolls are beautiful! I'm amazed that you make their clothing and their shoes! Very pretty!

Manuela

LW said...

Joy is so pretty…

All of your dolls are lovely..
I think it is just wonderful that most of your doll collection are
dolls that you made….

I made rag dolls many years ago; I do not own one of them..
I made them to sell or as Christmas gifts..
I would always say I will keep the next..

Louise

Lady Katherine said...

Your dolls are very lovely. I have a lot of mold and a kiln. Maybe one day my daughters and I will being making doll.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I like how you named all your dolls. I don't know how you remember them all. They are so beautiful and the names make them so much more than a doll.
Take care,
ginger

Grandma Faith said...

The doll is gorgeous and you did a wonderful job with the photos. You are very talented. I enjoyed reading what you had to say.

Clare said...

Wonderful dolls , they so remind me of my childhood.

Skoots1moM said...

yes, it was me...
little things like those shoes amaze me when I see them on dolls.
such specificity...

joyh82 said...

What a beautiful doll and such a sweet name ;)

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! You made those? You are talented for sure!

nancy said...

u have done such beautiful work on the dolls! I love seeing them I especially love the photos you took outdoors. They have a really nice quality to them.
Nancy

Mary said...

Oh, your dolls are gorgeous! I love porcelain dolls. My mother used to make them and she loved it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary

Baba said...

Hi Charlotte, I love the new look for "Joy".. she is a very elegant looking doll...the workmanship is special on all of your dolls..thanks for sharing, hugs. Baba

Gayle said...

I remember collecting dolls as a child. I wish I still had them for my daughters. You really did beautiful work.

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Joy is beautiful, as is all of your precious dolls. I'm still amazed at your work Charlotte!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlotte,

Lovely doll - I think Joy might be my favorite just yet!!!

I am always impressed by your show and tell.

Blessings.

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...