Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED


Carrie of Oak Rise Cottage has tagged me to tell 7 unusual or random things about myself so here goes.
  1. I got my first permanent when I was 2 years old (1938) at a beauty parlor where they used those heated roller things. 
  2. I learned to drive on a gear shift car, but can't drive one now.
  3. I used to walk 10 miles to school in the snow (no -  just kidding). 
  4. I rode a camel at the pyramids in Egypt.
  5. I won a horse at a roller skating rink when I was a teenager.
  6. I don't like mustard, mayo, catsup or special sauce on my hamburgers. 
  7. I prefer a bowl of cereal to eggs etc. for breakfast.
  8. I didn't start drinking coffee until I was 40 and now I drink it twice a day.
Hey, that's 8 things. Oh well, one of them didn't count.


Here is a picture of me taken right after I got that first permanent.

Instead of naming those I wish to tag, I'm going to let you consider yourself tagged if you are reading this. 

6 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a sweet picture! I like #3 That was funny!
Have a great night. I still have my home work to do for Mr. Linky hopefully tomorrow.
ginger

Kathi said...

What a darling little girl you were. I love this picture and the one on your profile. That a pretty special prize you won. Did you keep your horse for a long time? Have a great evening. Kathi

Hootin Anni said...

Love the photo of you as a child! And speaking of photos...I like your new avatar profile photo too!!

And since you did eight instead of seven, we'll just say #3 doesn't count at all, unless you add that you walked in snow ten miles BOTH WAYS uphill! [kidding]

I must add that 2 years old in 1938....you LIE!!!! You can't be that age, you don't even look like you've celebrated a half century even! You must live good!!!

Happy Friday, Happy weekend.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Ahhh...You look so cute in your curls!!!

Down on the Farm said...

First perm @ 2 y/o!!! That is just wrong (as is a common saying these days) I remember perms when I was a teen. I didn't know until I was someplace around 45-50 y/o that I still have curly hair. All those perms masked that fact. All those hours and hours sitting in front of the mirror with curling irons, steam curlers and burning my fingers, all those chemicals on my head/brain. What a waste!

You tempted and teased me to visit this blog........THANK YOU.

Cherdecor said...

Are you sure that you are not related to Shirley Temple? This picture reminds me of one I have seen of her when she was around this age. Sweet picture!

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...