Thursday, September 18, 2008

A MAKE OVER

Show and Tell


I was never happy with this doll after I made her. I thought I had hollowed out the eye sockets too much and so the eyes I had to use were too large and didn't especially like the way I painted her face, so one day I decided to just make her a new head.

This is still the "old head" but it looks better here because of the lighting. BTW I took this picture in California on our front porch by potted Azalea plants. Azaleas did wonderfully well in California. The only way we can grow them here in AZ is as houseplants. 

Here she is with her new head. I decided to give her a new wig too. These heads were made from the same mold, but look quite different. This picture was taken in front of a picture. The wooden books are real. They are still in my doll room.

I took a lot of pictures of my dolls back when I made them. In fact, I have a whole photo album filled with these pictures. Photography is another passion of mine, one which I'm enjoying even more with the invention of digital cameras.

Thank you for visiting my Show & Tell. If you are here now (and you obviously are or you wouldn't be reading this. lol) you probably came here from Kelli's place. If you happened to just "stumble in here", click here for more Show & Tell posts.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think both heads are sweet, but you are the dollmaker, so you know what you like and what looks best. I like how you photographed her too.

Wanita said...

I think I like the new head the best, but she was pretty either way.

Have a blessed weekend!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow that was the same mold. They look totally different. Both are nice. The outfit is what catches my attention. Very pretty!

Kathi said...

I like both of the dolls Charlotte. You did a beautiful job creating both. The dress is lovely too. Kathi

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Charlotte, I just always love to look at your doll pictures! You are just so talented!
Love, Ann

Tasha said...

I collect dolls awesome

Mary said...

I love porcelain dolls. Mom has made a few but I don't have the talent. She is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

She is a most elegant lady. I like her standing in front of the picture. Looks so real.
Susan

Hootin Anni said...

Oh most definitely...a great improvement. And much more 'victorian'...you know me...I love the old style...and the hair is perfect. I'm so darned envious!!

My Show n Tell this week is Halloween. Come by if you can find some time. I'd love to have you visit with me and critique my project.

Jen said...

I love the doll. My daughter loved the doll also. Do you make them to sell or for yourself?

Anonymous said...

She looks so pretty with her new head and wig, more natural !! I love the pictures and the wooden books too.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend !!

Jeanette said...

I love Dolls I think the both heads lovely and I love how you have photographed her one with azalea sand the other with the school books...

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Both ways look great! How talented that you created this little treasure.

P.S. I love azaleas, too.:o)

joyh82 said...

I like her new head better..very pretty! I just have three porcelian dolls but I love them.

Sandra said...

Both are beautiful :)

My Show and Tell

Missy Wertz said...

Charlotte, I think both of her heads are pretty. Have a good weekend!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Both heads are pretty! I love the clothing, did you sew the clothes yourself?

Katherine

LW said...

I love the new look and really love that pretty outfit that you made for her....

Louise

Anonymous said...

Charlotte - I am once again impressed by your dolls! She is beautiful.

Kelli said...

Both dolls are very pretty, Charlotte!
~Kelli

Carrie said...

Hello Charlotte,
You’ve been tagged! Please go here:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/09/tagged.html
Carrie

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...