Monday, December 1, 2008

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

I did not make this doll head. I bought it at Joanna's a few years ago. I posted a picture of it on my other blog for Trim the Tree Thursday but when I saw that Sarah at Everyday Elegance Favorite Things Monday was featuring favorite tree ornaments today I decided to do this post. This is one of my favorite decorations. It is usually the first one I put on the tree every year. 

This is another of my favorites. Actually I have 5 of these now. My daughter gave me the first one that she got many years ago when she was working for the Red Cross. Someone where she worked made it and since it didn't match her decorating style, she asked me if I wanted it. Of course I did. That was just my style. I liked it so well that I made 4 more like it. 

I hope you will visit Sarah at Everyday Elegance for more Favorite decorations. You may even want to participate by posting your favorite decorations. Having more than one blog comes in handy sometimes. I had already done a Blue Monday on my Charlotte's Weblog blog when I discovered that Sarah was doing favorite decorations, and I couldn't resist joining that meme too. I love this time of the year. 

BTW did you notice the new widget on my sidebar for our Spiritual Sundays blog? Ginger just made it and I think it is fantastic. 

3 comments:

LW said...

Very pretty!

I always enjoy all the memories that come along with the ornaments…

Louise

Tardevil said...

She's beautiful, and I love your photo (of you)! You look so happy!

Carla said...

I knew I'd have to scroll down and look at more of your tree! Dolls AND Ornaments??? What could be better! Love the face on this one, and the balls with the bows! Perfect match!

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...