Before I do my Show & Tell for today I want to acknowledge this award from Carrie at Oak Rise Cottage. She gave me the award specifically for this blog. I haven't been doing this one for very long and am so honored that she gave me this award.
Now, I'm suppose to give the award to at least seven people. When I started thinking of who I should give it to, I decided to see who had made comments on my Dolls blog. There just happened to be 7 comments on the first post, so I picked those 7. Only one little problems. One of those people was Carrie who just gave the award to me. So, Carrie, I will give you the award as well. Here are the other six people and here are the rules.
1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.
ceekay at http://thinkinofhome.blogspot.com/
Katherine at Yellow Rose Arbor
ginger at http://thank-youjesus.blogspotcom/
Louise at http://pinkgate.blogspot.com/
Kate at http://singlehearteddevotion.blogspot.com/
Mam at http://morthanenough.wordpress.com/

Dan Quayle was the Vice President when I made this little guy. That's where I came up with the name Danforth. Some of you may not know that Dan Quayle's name is Danforth. That brings up a political thing because I can't think of him without thinking how the press destroyed the man. Do you think they would have been so vicious if any and I mean any Democrat had stumbled on spelling the word potato? I shouldn't get off on that path. I apologize. I had no intentions of doing that when I sat down to write this post. Soooo back to the doll. If you have been to my regular blog in the last couple of days you will see that I used this picture in the header. Click here to go there.
Here is a picture of Danforth pulling Ralphie in his little wagon. If you have been reading my blog for a long time you may remember this doll as the two faced doll. One side has a smiling face and one side has a frowning face. The bonnet covers up the second face. If you would like to know more about Ralphie and see his other face, you can click here to go to that post.
I appreciate all the lovely comments I have received about my dolls. I had so much fun making them. Some have a hard time believing I made these dolls. I know how you feel. The first time I saw the doll our teacher had made, I thought "no way". You can't make a doll like that. But it really isn't hard when you have a good teacher who provides the greenware and shows you how to do it. Now I'm happy to share them with all of you. Have a great weekend.



20 comments:
Charlotte...thank you so much for the award. It is funny as you have to come by my blog as I talked about you today for show and tell. I did see that doll in your other blog header and it is precious with the wagon. I will pass the award on next week. Thanks again.
Your dolls are lovely! Danforth is a very handsome sounding name. When I was girl a kind lady from our church helped a few of us make china dolls of our own. I remember being unconfident about painting the face, so my dear father did it for me!
I love how you've placed the dolls in such lifelike settings. They are really sweet.
How perfect. My little grandson's first name is Ralph, and he is either smiling or not! I think I will share this with his mother. The two together are perfect! Thank you for sharing!
Charlotte, you make the most pretties dolls! Such talent! I love how you name them. And Danforth is a great name for that doll!
Your dolls are always so lovely. I am glad that I stopped by. What a wonderful Show and Tell this week. Have a blessed weekend.
Of course, you know I really look forward to viewing your dolls, but this is adorable too. Love Danforth. And yes...the media and press ruin many-a-lives to be sure.
My show n tell is all about Fall. Starting with the fireplace! Stop by if you can find time. Hot mulled Apple Cider is being served!
Congratulations on your award Charlotte, you deserve it!
Each week I think you can't show me a more precious doll, then you bring out another one. I just love them all :). Your arrangement makes me get into the fall spirit!
Have a Fantastic Friday!
Hugs,
Kathi :)
I've always liked Dan Q. and was very honored to have met and spoke with him. The doll is just precious, as all your dolls are.
Go McCain & Palin!
Thank you very much for the special award, I really appreciate it!
I love all of your blogs!
Katherine
my blog url is:
http://thingsienjooy.blogspot.com/
Danforth is so cute :o) No, I did not remember that was Quales name and NO the press would not have done that to someone else. The press has met their match this year with Sarah & John!!!!!
Susan
Charlotte,
Thanks for thinking of me for this award,
Carrie
Oh Charlotte, you have the most beautiful little dolls, oh goodness.
Congratulations on the award, you deserve it :)
Charlotte, congratulations on the award!
I love the dolls. You do such a beautiful job with them. I love the way that you display them.
You make the most beautiful dolls, Charlotte! I love their sweet little faces.
~Kelli
Dear Charlotte,
I really enjoy the settings of your lovely dolls. It's like I'm visiting a beautiful doll shop!
Yes--it is sad how the media is so out of touch with how the everyday person thinks and have the power to destroy reputations--but our Lord IS in control and someday EVERY knee will bow.
Thanks for the visual delight!
Blessings to You!
Claudia O.
Charlotte,
Thank you for sharing your dolls. They are beautiful! And I'm so blessed that you selected me for the award. So sweet of you to think of me.
God bless you.
Nancy
Wow, Charlotte - I am totally IMPRESSED by your doll. Danforth is probably the most beautiful boy dolll I have EVER seen!
Thank you for the award, I love it…
So very sweet of you to think of me…
Louise
You are so right. The press was so cruel to him. I did not know his name was Danforth. He is such a cute doll. You are so talented.
Post a Comment