Saturday, April 16, 2011

FAVORITE DOLLS

Hi. I have so neglected my doll blog in recent months. I just looked at it myself today for the first time in quite a while. To activate it just a little I've added a poll at the top of the right sidebar. I'm curious. You know - I think love of dolls is something little girls never really outgrow. Or maybe it's just me. I loved dolls when I was a little girl. Baby dolls were my definite favorite. How I wish I still had that lifesize baby doll I had when I was about 8 years old. I well remember buying real baby clothes for it at the Goodwill, dressing it, and pushing it in a doll stroller down the road in Norwalk, California that was "out in the country at the time". It was just a country road. Now it is a residential neighborhood and I would never recognize it if it were not for the name of the street. We lived at the corner of Studebaker and Leffingwell Rd. There was one house there on the corner - the one we lived in and a dairy across the street. There were no other houses close by.

Thanks for bearing with me this morning as I do a little reminiscing. Now - back to the poll. I hope you will vote (you can vote for more than one) and leave a comment. Perhaps you would like to comment on your favorite doll.

5 comments:

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

just found you dolls blog. I have several of mine from my childhood. They are baby dolls and now antique lol

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

I love all babies. You have inspired me to show more of them on my site too. I recommend everyone should have at least one lifesize baby doll. Place a special outfit from your child on it and you always have a life like pickture in time. Thx for sharing

LL

Unknown said...

What a sweet blog! I, too, wish I would have kept more of my dolls! Luckily, my mom had the foresight to save a few special ones back so that's good! My 11-year-old daughter is really into collecting dolls and I've told her that there may come a time when she is a teenager that she might want to get rid of them. If she does, she's supposed to give them all to me to save because I know she'll want them back again when the phase passes! :) Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting my blog!

Sarah

Esther Joy said...

I wasn't sure what a doll blog would be like, but this was really neat! When I was little, I didn't have any dolls. My older brother was my main playmate, and GREATLY discouraged me from playing with them! But when I had my own daughters, I think I made up for the loss!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

All of your dolls and this blog also are very lovely !

BYE BYE DOLLY

When I was making dolls (over 25 years ago), I occasionally made one for someone else other than myself. Last week I gave away one of mine t...